FSSC 22000 Certification
FSSC 22000 is an independent food safety management system that provides worldwide recognition. Its framework is based on existing ISO standards, giving it worldwide credibility.
About the FSSC 22000 Standard
Being an ISO 17021-accredited scheme, it enables efficient integration with a facility’s other approved ISO standards. The scheme is based on ISO 22000 and has worldwide credibility. Therefore, it provides:
- A common ISO language. As a result, it provides improved communication across the supply chain
- A systematic management protocol for prerequisites
- Confidence to tell other stakeholders that an organization can identify and control food safety hazards
- Flexibility for customer requirements to be taken into account
- Flexibility to integrate with an organization’s other ISO-related certifications
Initial Certification and Requirements
Initial Certification for FSSC 22000 is a two-step process.
Firstly, a facility must complete an on-site assessment of its Food Safety Management System (FSMS) program and processes.
Firstly, your facility must conduct a facility audit that focuses on implementing these programs to ensure you meet the requirements of the FSSC 22000 Standard.
Secondly, a three-year cycle occurs after certification, where annual surveillance audits must be conducted to maintain certification.
Get Certified to FSSC 22000
Mérieux NutriSciences Certification LLC is an independent subsidiary of Mérieux NutriSciences established to provide clients with certification to many internationally recognized schemes. We are accredited through the Joint Accreditation System of Australia and New Zealand (JAS-ANZ). Contact us to get started!